Tuesday 22 December 2015

Recalling my Life and Times up to 1999

With Beti George on Radio Cymru – ' Beti and her People '

This programme was very similar in style and format to BBC Radio 4’s  ‘Desert Island Discs' with Beti asking about my background and early years growing up, my views, career and inevitably the titanic eight years of intense and at time rather fierce political campaigning with the late Gwynfor Evans.

By the end of the century I had been a director of a school inspection company since 1994 so the early years of a new school inspection regime was discussed.

Best not to say much more, those of you that understand Welsh best listen to the interview. However, it is clear the strong influence the home, family, chapel up-bringing, the community etc has had on me as is evident in the choice of recordings.

Also of course the importance of Wales as a nation, its language, culture and traditions are clear too.

The video that accompanies this Radio Cymru recording is not connected. Just thought you could watch a programme hosted by my old friend Gwilym Owen as you listened. It’s about Gwynfor and myself – what else! It was quite a memorable and historic period in Welsh politics and campaigning.


I hope you will enjoy the memories and choice of records etc.